Ontario holds first PNP draw of 2022
More Information Contact Us
Here is the link to the online portal to apply to the new pathways. Ontario holds first PNP draw of 2022.
Ontario invited 1,084 immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination on January 11.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued invitations to candidates who had profiles in its Expression of Interest (EOI) system. These candidates may be eligible for one of three streams under the Employer Job Offer category: Foreign Worker, International Student and In-Demand Skills.
Here are the invitation numbers by Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) stream:
IMMIGRATE TO CANADA FROM INDIA
Being your journey toady!
- Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream – 264
- Employer Job Offer: International Student stream – 762
- Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream – 58
Candidates invited under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream had work experience in the National Occupational Codes (NOC) below:
Health and agricultural occupations:
- NOC 3413 – nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 4412 – home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
- NOC 8431 – general farm workers
- NOC 8432 – nursery and greenhouse workers
- NOC 8611 – harvesting labourers
- NOC 9462 – industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Manufacturing (outside the GTA only):
- NOC 9411 – machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 9416 – metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 9417 – machining tool operators
- NOC 9418 – other metal products machine operators
- NOC 9421 – chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 9422 – plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 9437 – woodworking machine operators
- NOC 9446 – industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 9461 – process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- NOC 9523 – electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- NOC 9526 – mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 9536 – industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 9537 – other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
Ontario seeking more immigrants
Each year, the federal government allows the provinces provinces and territories that run the PNP to issue a certain number of nominations.
In 2021, Ontario was allowed to nominate 8,350 immigrants. The province got an additional 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations, NOC Skill Level C.
By November 10, Ontario had issued 8,600 nominations. The province’s immigration minister, Monte McNaughton, told CIC News in an October interview that the province is asking the federal government to double their allocation in 2022. The province will receive its allocation number from Immigration Canada later this year.