Welcome to Newfoundland and Labrador
More Information Contact Us
Newfoundland and Labrador :- The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) nominates individuals to the federal government wishing to obtain Canadian permanent residence.
1) Express Entry Skilled Worker Category
This category is for applicants who:
- Have a profile in the federal Express Entry Pool
- Have a high-skilled job offer from an eligible Newfoundland & Labrador employer for at least two years with the possibility of extension.
- Salary and benefits must meet provincial standards and prevailing wage rates.
- Score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 on the PNP point assessment grid.
- Have an IRCC Work Permit with at least 4 months remaining at the time of application or be entitled to apply for one.
- Have a Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma, or a foreign qualification with an approved Educational Credential Assessment.
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Have sufficient settlement funds and/or financial resources.
- Provide language test results matching level declared in Express Entry profile.
CANADA PR CONSULTANTS
2) Skilled Worker Category
This category is for individuals who have a guaranteed offer of employment from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer, or who are already working in the province on a valid Work Permit. To be eligible to submit an application under this program, you must:
- Have a full-time job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer;**
- Have a Citizenship and Immigration Canada Work Permit or be entitled to apply for one;
- Have the qualifications, training, skills, and/or accreditation required for the job;
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Demonstrate that you have sufficient settlement funds and financial resources to successfully establish yourself and any dependents in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Your employer (or future employer) can demonstrate a need for your skillset; and
- Demonstrate sufficient English or French language capability to perform employment duties.
** Some applications to the International Graduate category can be working in a field unrelated to their study at the time of application, provided they graduated from Memorial University or College of the North Atlantic.
To qualify in this instance, candidates require:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma or an equivalent amount of experience;
- The job must reasonably be expected to lead to career advancement;
- A recent combination of skill, experience and/or training.
- Job or job offer must be full-time and indeterminate;
- Position responds to a labour market need in Newfoundland & Labrador
3) International Graduate Category
This category is for recent graduates who have a Post-Graduate Work Permit and a job or job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer. In order to qualify under this category, the applicant must:
- Have a PGWP with at least 4 months of validity remaining.
- Have a full-time job or job offer from an eligible employer in NOC 0, A or B, or in an NOC C occupation on the In-Demand Occupation list that guarantees a minimum of 30 hours per week and is of at least one year in duration with a reasonable expectation of extension.
- Have a job offer that is either:
- Directly related to the field of study if the applicant completed their studies outside of Newfoundland & Labrador (Out-of-province graduates must work for a minimum of one year in Newfoundland & Labrador before applying), OR
- Not directly related to the field of study provided the applicant is a graduate of Memorial University or College of the North Atlantic and meets the following criteria:
- Requires a post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Can reasonably be expected to lead to career advancement.
- Is in a field in which the applicant has a combination of skill, experience and/or training in the last 5 years.
- Intend to settle permanently in Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Have sufficient settlement funds.
- Have sufficient English or French language capability to perform the employment duties. Language testing is required for NOC C, In-Demand occupations.
- If the applicant has an ownership stake in a business in which they are employed, that stake cannot exceed 10 percent.
Do you need assistance in preparing an application for Canadian permanent residence? If so, view our Book an Immigration Consultant page to see Canada PR Consultants list of recommended, accredited representatives who can assist you in your goals.
You can stay up to date on all PNP developments across Canada with our Canada Pr Consultants. Now includes a tool to help you find the right option for you!