How to check your eligibility for Canada Express Entry
Check Your Eligibility:- Changes were made to CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) calculator to evaluate scores of individuals under the Canada Skilled Worker Points System. According to it, individuals need to score at least 67 points to be eligible to migrate to Canada as skilled workers. The factors that will be assessed include skills, work experience, educational qualifications, English language proficiency, and others.
FACTORS TO DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR CANADA IMMIGRATION OR NOT ( Check your eligibility )
Your immigration to Canada on a PR status will be greatly influenced by your profile. The points required to file for a Canada PR include the eligibility requirement which is 67 points out of 100. You will need to score at least 67 points under various eligibility criteria to apply for a Canada PR visa. Your application will be a point-based system purely depending on the below 6 factors:-
- Factor 1: AGE
- Factor 2: EDUCATION
- Factor 3: EXPERIENCE
- Factor 4: LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Factor 5: ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA [LMIA approved]
- Factor 6: ADAPTABILITY
AGE – MAXIMUM 12 POINTS
Points will be awarded to applicants for their age. They can obtain a maximum of 12 points. The age calculation is done from the day your application is received.
EDUCATION – MAXIMUM 25 POINTS
You can score a maximum of 25 Canadian immigration points for your education. If you have an overseas education you must have an ECA report from an authorized agency. Educational Credential Assessment report evaluates whether your overseas degrees/diplomas are on par with a Canadian education.
EXPERIENCE – MAXIMUM 15 POINTS
Canada immigration points will also be incurred for your work experience. You can obtain points for the number of years you worked full-time that was paid and a minimum of 30 hours weekly. An equal amount of part-time work is also eligible. You can obtain a maximum of 15 points for this factor, as quoted by Canada
LANGUAGE SKILLS – MAXIMUM 28 POINTS
Knowledge of English and or French will help you in your entry into the Canadian job market. You can obtain a maximum of 28 points for your language skills assessed for writing, reading, listening, and speaking.
ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA – MAXIMUM 10 POINTS
You can also obtain Canadian immigration points for a job offer of a minimum of 1-year from an employer in Canada. You must get this offer prior to submitting an application for arriving in Canada as a federal skilled worker.
ADAPTABILITY – MAXIMUM 10 POINTS
You will be offered points based on your past study, work, and relatives in Canada. Your Common-Law-Partner or Spouse if immigrating to Canada with you can also incur additional points under the adaptability.
By now you already know that CANADA follows a points system to select immigration candidates. Candidates need to score at least 67 points under various criteria to be eligible to apply for a PR visa. An eligible potential candidate can now file his/her online application into the Express Entry Online Pool which is Canada’s most popular immigration program.
IRCC conducts draws [Every Fortnight] to pick candidates from the Express Entry Online Pool based on the rank of a candidate and the system is termed as CRS – Comprehensive Ranking System. The CRS score will vary with each Express Entry draw. Candidates who meet the current draw CRS CUT-OFF score is issued ITA – Invitation To Apply and are then invited to apply for the PR visa.
Candidate’s factors such as age, work experience, adaptability, etc. determine your CRS score. If your CRS is low then there are several ways how to improve your score.
CANADA PR CONSULTANTS
WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR CRS SCORE
The Express Entry draw is conducted at regular intervals, so there is always a chance for You to improve your CRS score before you apply for a subsequent Express Entry draw.
If you do not meet the required CRS score you can always find ways to improve your points so that you get the required points to secure an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the PR visa in the next Express Entry draw.
Here are some ways to improve your CRS score
- BOOST YOUR LANGUAGE SCORE: If you score well in language tests such as the IELTS, your CRS score will improve. For example, in the language test, if you score a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 9, you’ll get up to 136 direct points added to your CRS ranking. Appearing for a language test in French can also add up to 72 points.
- PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM: if you receive an invitation, you will receive 600 additional points for your Express Entry profile.
- GET A WORK OFFER [LMIA Approved]: If you receive a work offer recognized by the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from an employer in Canada, you can add up to 200 points to your CRS ranking.
- GET EDUCATION IN CANADA: Up to 30 extra points can be received if you complete a recognized degree or diploma in Canada.
- DEPENDENT INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION [Spouse/Common-Law Partner]: Applying with your spouse for the visa will earn you both additional points. The language proficiency of your spouse would be worth 20 points, while the education level and Canadian work experience can earn you as much as 10 points for each category. So, this will add up to 40 points to your CRS score.
- CANADIAN WORK EXPERIENCE: If you have fewer than three years of full-time work experience and if you continue to work you can add a maximum of 150 points to your CRS score.